These things aren’t quite full projects, but lesser efforts that are still worth posting. Here are the scripts, hacks, modifications, explorations, and other miscellany.
A simple shell script that converts animated GIF files into bootanimation.zip files that are compatible with Android. I wrote this to convert GIFs from GifCities into boot animations for my phone.
A replacement shutdown script for Retroflag’s Raspberry Pi cases. The original scripts by Retroflag have a messy installer and lack customization options so I wrote my own version.
I tried to find a teardown of the KD-C1 before I purchased it. I managed to find a video of a partial teardown, but this video stops short of removing the PCB from the plastic case (for good reason as seen below). I decided to go deep and completely disassemble the radio as far as I could.
A printable in-browser template for creating cassette tape J-Cards. I created the template for a personal project, but ended up releasing it after finding several thriving online cassette communities.
A command line utility for uploading static site files to an S3 bucket. I created this simple utility after encountering issues with MIME type detection and costly ($) API calls in the official AWS tools.